Friday, 5 June 2009

Tuna burgers

After the smell of someone else's dinner drifted through our window last night I decided I wanted to have chips for OUR dinner too! But what to have with them? Normally we make a pizza or a savoury pie or quiche to have with chips - too much effort involved there though. Then I remembered the recipe for tuna burgers that I hadn't used for ages. It is listed under "L" in my recipe book since I tend to file recipes by the name of the person who gave them to me. This particular recipe was invented during my third year of university (mostly by my housemate Liz, hence the entry under L) and definitely didn't come out of a book. I had forgotten how good it was. Feel free to give it a try! The quantities and ingredients are of course very flexible.

Ingredients
2 slices of bread (grated to make breadcrumbs)
a can and a half of tuna (we only used a can last night and it still worked)
half a can of chopped toms
an egg
some tomato ketchup (we have substituted tomato puree and some sugar)
one whole onion, finely chopped
soy sauce
mixed herbs
salt and pepper

Method
Mix everything together. Shape into patties with wet hands (smaller patties work better). Coat in flour. Pop into frying pan, fry, enjoy!
This made enough for me and Fraser for last night's dinner and my lunch today. But we eat quite a lot so perhaps you could feed four people with this recipe if you aren't greedy...

N.B. We also had lots of broccoli with this dinner so don't worry we weren't being really unhealthy! Oh, and for any American readers: chips are french fries/potato wedges :) Just to save the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment