It has been almost a year since I blogged! Not sure how that happened but I've decided to get the blog up and running again. To kick us off here are a few of my favourite pictures of Dominic from the last 2-3 months
We've been gradually weaning Dominic off daytime naps so that he will go to bed earlier (and it has worked his normal bedtime is now 8pm rather than midnight!). But some days he just can't help falling asleep. On this particular day he just lay down on the kitchen floor in exhaustion...
Here he is at the Wassail at the local community farm in mid January. We went there with David and Phil who were visiting us from London for the weekend. Dominic made an ivy crown to wear and got to throw bread and apple juice at the trees to drive out the evil spirits!
My Mum came to visit in the second half of January and Dominic had lots of fun playing with Mormor. Here they are making playdough together.
Kirstin and Stephen got married in January too, which Dominic was very excited about. He is still talking about castles and weddings now!
Getting ready for a new brother to arrive, I bought myself a new sling and Dominic helped to soften it up by using it as a hammock.
At last, Dominic's first ever haircut! The before pic:
And after. I was sad to cut off his baby curls, but it looks so much neater now. I probably should've done it a few months earlier!
Inspecting his new brother:
Making peg patterns on the kitchen floor:
Another one of him randomly falling asleep!! His feet were still on the floor and he just leant backwards on the sofa and dropped off. About 20 mins later he stood up and walked back to the game that he had been playing before like nothing had happened...
Digging in the garden! Dominic has his own spade and loves to help. He is quite good with it as well. He also loves to find worms (in fact he is holding one in this picture). You can see how much our garden has "improved" recently. It is now essentially a blank canvas ready for planting.
Dominic's special monster face:
I asked Dominic to smile for the camera! Baths are a great parenting tool... if he gets too diffcult and annoying I just run a bath and pop him in. He is happy pouring water and splashing and I get a break. In fact I think I might go run one now...
Next time I have time to write a post I'll share some pictures of Robin.
Those peg patterns look like fun... do you remember peg wars in Skye?
ReplyDeleteDominic loves playing with pegs, he just goes and helps himself out of the kitchen cupboard and invents games with them. No, I don't remember peg wars... remind me!
ReplyDeleteHa... well it was just half an hours silliness on one trip... We were throwing pegs at each other through the windows (the Dunhallin cottage), and I seem to remember the pegs were called bombards for some reason...
ReplyDelete