Thursday, 26 September 2013

Portobello

On Monday we decided to make the most of Dominic's last full day before starting nursery and we headed off to the beach with a picnic. Our nearest is on the other side of Edinburgh and it only took about an hour on two buses to reach there. The area is called Portobello and I couldn't prevent myself from humming the song...!



Straightaway Dominic made friends with a "treasure man" who was using a metal detector. He was very friendly and threw a 5p coin in the sand and then let Dominic "find" it :)



Then off into the sea! They both ran straight in before I could change them which was a bit unfortunate because later they had damp clothes - but at least they had a good time :)





Disappearing feet...



Digging



Finding shells



Playing in the playpark





Ready for the trip home



We had an amazing time and will definitely head back there soon. I feel very lucky to have so many wonderful things close by here in Edinburgh.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment