Sunday, 27 March 2011
The Garden - part 1
Our main project at the moment is the garden and we're having lots of fun sorting it out. There's still lots to do in the house too, but when the sun is shining is nice to be in the garden :) So here are some pictures of what we have been up to!
This is the picture that Fraser took of the garden immediately after our sale completed and we got the keys. What you can't see is the completely overgrown shed at the back of the garden...
Here's the shed, just poking through the ivy. I think I had already cut a little away - you really couldn't even see there was shed at all to begin with.
Another picture this time in the snow at the end of November. You can see the giant bush that was obscuring the shed and you can also see that I'd been trimming the ivy a little more - since you can see the back fence a bit.
The day we decided to uncover the shed! We hacked at the bush and ivy and then broke into the shed by pulling most of the front off.
The piles of junk we found inside.... including an old fridge, lots of toys, a giant pile of rubble, old shoes, a play tent and a pint glass.
A regular garden visitor! They kindly left a big hole in the ground too - hopefully they haven't decided to move in....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was expecting to see another picture after Fraser stroking the dog: Fraser drinking from the pint glass!
ReplyDeleteActually he refuses to drink from it even though I've cleaned it up... he's convinced it must be toxic after so long in that rotten shed :D
ReplyDelete